Teacher of History – Maternity Cover
Location: North West Bristol, BS10
Maternity contract – Starting September 2021
Bristol Free School is a successful and oversubscribed secondary school with Sixth Form situated in Westbury on Tyrm. We are a caring school with a highly qualified and exceptionally committed staff, who recognise the importance of creative and challenging teaching and high professional standards. All staff and students are greatly valued and emphasis on student and staff wellbeing is central to our culture.
At Bristol Free School, we are committed to the young people in our care. Our commitment encourages and inspires every child to fulfil their potential, we provide our students with the necessary skills to achieve academic and personal growth so they truly thrive, both socially and emotionally. We are excited to be advertising for a Teacher of History to secure progress for students in the School through the provision of high quality teaching and learning.
What we are looking for:
A teacher who:
• Has a passion for history and is committed to improving teaching and learning.
• Expects and demonstrates the highest standards and acts as an inspirational role model for students.
• Who supports a vibrant, aspirational and inclusive programme of extra-curricular clubs and enrichment which engages large numbers of students, parents and the community.
• Someone with a strong understanding of the history curriculum, including a good understanding of assessment and monitoring procedures.
• Experience of successful teaching or teaching practice of history at Key Stages 3 and 4.
• Successful A Level teaching is desirable as is the ability to teach across other humanities subjects.
• A willingness to learn and apply new techniques that contribute to high quality teaching and learning.
• A teacher who can enthuse and facilitate the progress of a range of students with varying needs.
The successful candidate can expect:
A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community
- Positive and inclusive working environment where well-being is central to our culture
- Career development, CPD courses
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an Employee Wellbeing Hub
- Free parking onsite
BFS celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
The postholder will be required to undergo criminal, teacher status, qualification, medical and reference checks as part of the recruitment process and must be willing to participate in further training as the job requires. All staff are expected to take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students at the School.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.