Salary: £22,116 - £30,319 FTE (Depending on experience)
Location: Seevic Campus (Benfleet Essex)
Hours: 37 hours per week
At USP College, we are looking for a passionate Teacher/lecturer of Health, Social Care & Early Years to deliver high quality, creative and engaging lessons while successfully supporting and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic, focused and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy, focused learning environment for all students within the college.
As a prospective member of the Health & Social Care curriculum team at USP college, you should be a subject specialist who will inspire and motivate your students to exceed their aspirations. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced teachers, to observe and share best practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. You will be able to build positive relationships with young people and support them to achieve their long term career goals. You will be able to use your expertise and emotional intelligence to unlock barriers to your students’ progress and provide the tools, support and challenge they need to go forwards. We pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity.
WHY CHOOSE US
As a college, our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary.
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working with parents and carers to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Fully immersive teaching rooms allowing online teaching simultaneously at multiple locations
QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
Experienced industry based individuals will be considered and given the opportunity to secure a role leading to the completion of a recognised post-16 teaching qualification.
A Good Honours Degree. (Ideally within the subject area you wish to teach)
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Creating a safe environment for young people and adults.