(Applications from NQTs welcome)
Start date: January 2022
Contract: 0.6-Full Time Permanent Variable contract
Salary: MPR/UPR £25,714-£41,604
Closing Date: 12th November 2021
Interview:15th November 2021
We require a Teacher of Humanities to join Earl Mortimer College. You will be joining our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff, supported by an inspirational Head of Humanities.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at Earl Mortimer College. The School is focused on providing a high level of education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. Earl Mortimer College’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Be a qualified teacher of a Humanities subject (History, Geography, RE)
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be able to deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum to a high standard, enabling our students to achieve their best possible outcomes
• A willingness to participate in continuous professional development opportunities to maximise your pedagogical knowledge
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school
We are looking for a teacher who brings enthusiasm, strong subject knowledge and a supportive approach to their work.
Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.