Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
FutureSkills is the highly successful Centre of Excellence for Creative and Digital provision. The college is located in MediaCityUK and is a member of the SCC Group.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best teaching and learning possible, with the underlying values to give all students great opportunities and ultimately receive the best quality education whilst studying with us, in the very best facilities.
Teacher of I.T, Computing and Games (Teacher Training Available)
Reference Number: SCCG2104B
Salary: £23,630 to £39,135 per annum.
Annual incremental progression is available.
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Wednesday 12th August 2020
Interview Date: w/c 17th August 2020
Location: FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0FTE
We are looking to appoint either a qualified teacher or an industry expert who is looking to gain a teaching qualification.
The successful applicant will be required to teach level 1-3 across IT Hardware, Software and Computer Science, an ability to teach level 4-5 as well is desirable. It is also desirable for candidates to possess technical expertise in a variety of IT coding languages and have a good understanding of HE, BTEC and/or OCR Specs. We also require applicants to have:
• Relevant industry experience in IT with a good network of industry professional
• A good understanding of IT Systems and databases
• Skills in Programming Languages such as C# / C++, Visual Basic as well as Adobe Products
• Some experience of Games Design & Development delivery
• Ability to utilise new technologies in teaching and learning.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in the teaching and learning experience.
Taking Teaching Further Initiative (TTF)
We welcome applications from Industry candidates who are looking to obtain a teaching qualification. The appointed person would participate in the TTF programme and work towards their PGCE / CertEd. The benefits include; Peer and specialist mentoring, acquisition of a teaching qualification with teaching remission to support the candidate.
FutureSkills is the highly successful Centre of Excellence for Creative and Digital provision. The college is located in MediaCityUK and is a member of the SCC Group of colleges.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR
Reasons to Join Us
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
FutureSkills at MediaCityUK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.