TEACHER OF MATHS
Salary Grade: MPS
Salary Band: £24,372 - £35,971 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th December 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: TBC (December 2019)
Hours: Full Time
Start: 1 September 2020
About the opportunity:
The Maths Faculty is seeking an inspirational and engaging teacher who has a passion and commitment for teaching and learning. The successful candidate will be required to teach across all abilities and age groups.
Our focus is being active and creative in lessons, where students grow in confidence and learn to take risks, under the encouragement and support from the teacher in class. The successful candidate will be passionate about seeing students make significant progress and develop a love of learning mathematics.
GCSE results have risen year on year with 80% of students achieving grades 9-4 and 33% achieving 9-7 in 2019. Both Maths and Further Maths are very popular subjects in the Sixth Form, over 75% of students in the sixth form are currently studying a Level 3 Maths qualification.
A comprehensive programme of support and training will be made available to the successful applicant. Any NQT appointed will be supported with a reduced timetable, a mentor and a strong commitment to his/her professional development.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1590 students, 185 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading. The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is part of The White Horse Federation Multi-Academy Trust.
The successful candidate will be:
A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us:
The White Horse Federation
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the students and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.