Teacher of Maths
Required from September 2022
Full Time, Permanent
We believe in building a role around a candidates skills so they can thrive and make a real difference to our students. Talk to us about what you are great at, passionate about, or want to develop and we will see if it aligns with our needs.
We are delighted to offer the opportunity for an outstanding and inspirational Teacher of Maths to join our committed teaching professionals at Hinckley Academy. Successful candidates will have the ability to inspire learners and work with colleagues to deliver outstanding outcomes.
With an aptitude for overcoming barriers to learning, you will be a positive, professional role model for learners and colleagues, and with high expectations of yourself and others, you will work independently and collaboratively with colleagues to raise aspirations and attainment.
The Trust is passionate about building brighter futures for the young people who attend its schools, and is a rapidly growing and successful Multi Academy Trust driven by a set of compelling values:
- Learners First – young people, staff, leaders, governors and trustees totally focused upon the educational benefit of our learners within a safe and supportive environment
- It’s about learning – young people, staff, leaders, governors and trustees totally focused upon developing and improving learning underpinned by harmonious and trusting relationships
- No Barriers – no excuses, only support to ensure young people, staff, leaders, governors and trustees maximise the academic achievement of learners whilst enabling them to develop and flourish as well rounded individuals
This is an exciting time to join Hinckley Academy; we are a rapidly expanding 11-18 school and part of The Futures Trust. We are currently looking to add capacity to our staffing to account for our growing number of students, particularly as we recently introduced ‘The Bridge’ providing a unique and Outstanding provision for our Year 7 and Year 8 students.
Below are some of the duties that you will required to perform, a full list of which can be found in the attached Job Description document.
- Carry out the general duties and responsibilities of a professional school teacher in accordance with the Principal Statement of Employment Particulars and associated documents including the Teachers’ Standards and School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Documents
- Implement whole-school, cross-curricular, department and year policies.
- Take part in scheduled meetings with colleagues and parents according to the school’s published programme.
Under the guidance of the Curriculum Leader and Cross-curricular Teams where appropriate:
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons for the groups assigned.
- Keep records of students’ attendance at every lesson as well as classwork, homework set and completed.
Under the guidance of the Learning Manager:
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date tutor group register and to follow the school’s procedures for dealing with students’ lateness and absence.
- Give out information and letters for students to take home, ensuring every student receives one, including any absentees.
Education and Qualifications
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- First degree or Certificate of Education
- Relevant recent professional development Certificates
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working in secondary education
- Delivering improved outcomes for learners
Knowledge and Understanding
- Principles and practices of effective teaching and learning
- Preparation of schemes of work and lessons
- Principles and practices of monitoring/assessment/evaluation Interview Assessment
Staff at Hinckley Academy are supported by experienced Teachers, Middle and Senior Leaders who commit generously of their time to train and develop colleagues. We pride ourselves on a culture of collaboration, support and success, and offer focused CPDL for all staff based on their future aspirations; we have a proven track record of developing excellent Teachers and Leaders, fully funds Masters research and offers a range of outstanding leadership development opportunities, including collaboration across the Trust.
What makes us a good employer?
The Trust recognises that people's needs will change throughout their working lives and is committed to developing and delivering working practices and policies that are responsive to this. In addition to opportunities for professional development the Trust offers attractive reward and benefits packages including competitive rates of pay, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, online discount at retail, travel, theme park and other leisure providers, policies to support family and carer commitments, Occupational Health services and career pathways across the Trust.
Applications are welcome and encouraged from both newly qualified and more experienced colleagues.
Closing date: Monday 31st January 2022