Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
with the ability to teach Spanish to Key Stage 5
Part-time (Mondays to Thursdays)
Maternity cover required from March 2020 to February 2021
Do you want to work in one of the Top 100 schools, equipping students for success in both further
study and future employment? If you are an experienced practitioner this is an opportunity to excel in
this challenging and rewarding role.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about Modern Foreign Languages, committed to improving teaching and
- Have outstanding teaching, management and interpersonal skills.
- Be enthusiastic and able to inspire and manage a talented team of teachers.
- Be able to offer Spanish, with the ability to teach up to Key Stage 5.
- Will be committed to leading continuous improvement.
- Have good interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Be forward thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and able to work under pressure.
Why work for us?
- We offer a strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
- We are a supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged,
nurtured and rewarded.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available.
- Set on a private estate in the leafy suburb of Carshalton and within short travelling distance
into central London, you will work in a friendly working environment.
- You will be provided with an Anytime Anywhere learning device provided to deliver
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an outstanding school and make a major contribution to
the schools continued success. If you are passionate about your subject and committed to achieving outstanding student attainment outcomes, we would like to hear from you.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded
from our school website. Visits are warmly welcomed and highly recommended - please contact the HR Officer Tel: 020 - 8642 - 2025 ext 202
Applications from non-Catholics are welcome. All staff are required to be supportive of the Catholic
ethos and we have a full time Chaplain that can help support individuals within their role.
Interviews: A review of applications will continue until the position is filled, therefore
early applications are advised. We reserve the right to interview before the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.”
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an
outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding
personal and spiritual development for all
Pupil’s take full advantage of the
opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection
The school has 1,408 students with 262
in the Sixth Form.
Ms M Noone