Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise Academy and IB World School
serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. By providing our students with a world class education, we
prepare them to be competitive on the international stage. The Academy has gained national recognition for its
work to improve outcomes for our students, our personalised curriculum and aspirational and inclusive vision.
Are you a driven, passionate, innovative and organised PE teacher, looking to join a dedicated and successful
PE department? At KS3, the Academy is developing the use of technology by using Chromebooks to access
homework also bringing this into our lessons when studying theory. Our KS4 cohorts have benefitted from our
forward-thinking approach towards adapting to the new BTEC curriculum.
● The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, highly motivated and an excellent classroom practitioner who is committed to student success and development.
● Experience of planning and delivering BTEC lessons is essential as the role will involve working
closely with the Director of Learning for PE to continue developing our existing provision.
● The willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities is essential.
● Have a passion that inspires our students
● Contribute to a highly successful team that is making a difference.
What we offer:
● An excellent programme of continuing professional development
● The chance to shape the future of the department in collaboration with the leadership team, external
education professionals and exam boards
● The opportunity to develop personally and professional, including structured performance management
and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
Closing date: Monday 7th December Interview date: Thursday 10th December
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this
commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Westminster Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to have an enhanced DBS check for our school prior to formal appointment.
The Academy is an equal opportunities employer. Charity Registration No.1103958