The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Philosophy, Ethics and Religion Teacher to join our ambitious Academy. The successful candidate should have a willingness to teach a very small number of KS3 History lessons and/or our Going Beyond Programme is desirable. The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Clear understanding of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organisational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
We are inviting applications from NQTs for this role.
The assessment process will involve:
- Teaching an observed lesson to a class of around 30 pupils
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for an informal Q&A
- An interview with the Head Teacher, Senior Deputy Headteacher and Head of Department.
We look forward to receiving your application.
START DATE: September 2022