Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Science
Reference Number: SCCG2015
Salary: £23,630—£39,135 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Wednesday 25th September 2019
Interview Date: W.C. 30th September 2019
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 30th June 2020
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
Eccles Sixth Form College have an exciting opportunity for a Science Teacher. You will be an inspirational and outstanding teacher who promotes the highest levels of achievement for all students. Using your enthusiasm and expertise you will work closely with the team; leading, developing and monitoring the curriculum so as to maximise the achievement of all students.
The Life Sciences department is a large, successful, and thriving curriculum area with a range of provision in Applied Science, Veterinary Nursing, Animal Management and Equine Science. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach from Level 1 to Level 6 (BSc), depending on qualifications and experience. This role is suitable for newly-qualified teachers or experienced colleagues, and applicants from any scientific would be welcomed.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reason to Join Us:
- Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A range of developmental & career opportunities
- Optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes for the latest technology, mobile phones & bikes
- Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
Eccles Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.