UTC Swindon is a 14-19 school with a fantastic 21st century learning environment and a burning ambition:
“To transform lives through learning, by ensuring a high quality learning experience underpinned by high expectations and aspirations in order to meet the needs of employers within STEM related industries”.
To do this, we aim to ensure that our students have the skills, personal qualities, qualifications and experience to progress into further/higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
Our alumni continue to be successful with 100% of students at the end of KS4 and 5 securing positive destinations after their time with us in 2019 – this continues to be a real strength of our school.
We are looking for an exceptional Science teacher to join our expanding team as we inspire our young people in pursuing their STEM aspirations in this key subject.
In addition, the opportunity to contribute to Engineering and Sciences would be open to the right candidate.
UTC Swindon is fully committed to supporting the professional development of staff and strategies to maintain well-being and a reasonable work-life balance have been established, including the services provided by the Employee Assistance Programme.
This could well be the next move in your career progression if you:
• have a passion for developing excellence in STEM
• believe in education as the stepping stone in preparing young people for future careers
• uphold our core values of Respect, being Organised, Constructive and Kind
• enjoy working as part of a team that genuinely makes a significant difference to improving students’ life chances
• have a capacity for hard work
• have a positive growth mind-set and are infectiously optimistic
• are determined to ensure that UTC Swindon contributes to reducing the UK employment skills gap in STEM.
Closing date: 25/03/2020
UTC Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.