Payscale: Teacher’s Main Scale
Start Date: Required from 1st September 2022
Contract: Full time and permanent.
We are seeking a Teacher of Social Sciences who can build on the high quality teaching and learning within the subject as part of our successful and dedicated Humanities team. We welcome applications from ECTs and RQTs.
We are looking for someone who can teach any combination of the following subjects up to A-level: Psychology, Sociology, Health and Social Care, Law or Politics. The ability to also teach a Humanities subject at Key Stage 3 would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and self-motivated teacher, with a focus on enabling young people to make a positive difference and achieve the Academy’s vision: to set no limits on what we can achieve.
• Care about young people and want to make a difference
• Are a suitably qualified teacher
• Have a good understanding of teaching and learning strategies which lead to exceptional progress
• Are an inspiring, creative practitioner who wants to contribute to a successful team
• Are committed to ensuring students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
We will give you:
• The challenge and support of an experienced, innovative and dynamic team
• Excellent professional development opportunities to hone and improve your teaching
• The chance to work with fantastic students who are hungry to learn
• The opportunity to work in an outstanding academy with a track record of success.
Churchill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a criminal records check, medical check and satisfactory references.
Further information is contained within the Job Description and Person Specification and on the Academy’s website.
Applications close: Midnight, Monday 31st January 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 7th February 2022
Churchill Academy & Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.