Ellesmere College is a large, aspirational special school located in the City of Leicester
Ellesmere College provides education for up to 426 children and young people, from 4 to 19 years, with a range of moderate to complex learning difficulties.
This is a very exciting time for Ellesmere College as we are expanding from 1 site to 3 sites spread across the city. Our new sites will provide bespoke educational opportunities for our Post-16 students and our students with the most complex needs, in particular those with communication and interaction difficulties including complex autism.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, flexible, enthusiastic, committed and self motivated group of staff who have an innovative and creative approach to their teaching which ensures children and young people who have a range of special educational needs achieve the best possible learning outcomes. We are looking for the best as we continue our journey towards outstanding.
- Is a supportive and friendly environment committed to staff and student wellbeing.
- Offers a high quality professional development programme.
- Has a committed and enthusiastic staff and governor team.
- Is a school where partnerships with home and other agencies are seen as vital in supporting individual students to achieve their full potential.
- Is a place where excellence is the norm.
Starting January 2022
We are looking to appoint inspirational teachers, to join us in the exciting expansion of Ellesmere College. We have three vacancies on our main site on Braunstone Lane East.
- Post 1—Permanent Teacher to work in our Primary department MPS + SEN
- Post 2—Permanent Teacher with responsibility for Secondary PSHE (TLR 2a)
- Post 3—Permanent part-time teacher (50%) to work on our main site, working across phases. MPS + SEN
Candidates will need the following experience and qualities:-
- Experience of teaching students with a range of SEND preferably in a special school setting
- Evidence of being an excellent classroom teacher
- Ambition to teach special education to the highest level
Closing Date for Applications: 8th October 2021 at 9am
Interview Dates: 13th October 2021
How to Apply: Through the E-teach web-site. Please also submit a supporting letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, explaining why you are the right person for the post.
Ellesmere College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to adhere to this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.