Job Title: Teaching and Learning Coach/ Lecturer
Salary: £34,053 - £36,579 pa pro rata
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year/ 25.9 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Contract Details: Permanent, Full-Time and Part-Time contract available
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we merged with Swindon College in 2020 to become one College. Building on our combined strengths and specialisms to create a vibrant, high-performing and sustainable institution, our vision is to be a beacon of academic and technical excellence for the region, delivering a single ‘Swindon curriculum’, closely aligned to learners’ aspirations and employer needs.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Teaching and Learning Coach to deliver high-quality teaching and learning by providing students with a planned learning experience, managing the learning process, guiding, and supporting learners. You will be responsible for supporting teaching staff individually, in teams and cross-college to improve and achieve consistently good and outstanding teaching and learning practice.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set. In addition, you will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds to support you in your role.
We know that your job requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, you will have access to a number of great benefits including:
• Staff Retail Discount Scheme
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, which values its staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• To work directly with teachers and assessors to develop and support a culture of openness and aspiration
• To use coaching methods to develop reflective practice in others and encourage the use of new learning strategies
• To plan and deliver CPD sessions and Teaching and Learning masterclasses throughout the year in line with New College Swindon Quality Cycle
• Support cross-college improvement strategies in line with New College Swindon strategic aims such as the embedding of mathematics and English, promotion of Fundamental British Values (FBV) and employability
• To develop and promote teaching staff to share creative initiatives and good practice
• To teach within an allowance of delivery hours
Qualifications and experience required:
• Minimum Level 2 qualification in Maths and English
• Degree or alternative Level 5 subject specialist qualification
• Level 2 ICT or related qualification
• Minimum of Level 5 teaching qualification
• An up-to-date understanding of the Education Inspection Framework (EIF)
• Skills and knowledge to deliver on teacher training qualifications
• The ability to make accurate judgements on strengths and areas for development of teaching, learning and assessment
• Ability to monitor staff performance to optimise employee potential and to meet learner needs
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply!
If you have family or friends who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS to the satisfaction of New College, will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 28 October 2021
Our very top priority is your well-being and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice to keep everyone as safe as possible.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.