Grade 15, Point 3 £18,065
Actual salary £11,468 pro rota
28 hours 25 minutes per week, Term Time Only
Mon & Wed 8.30-3.00, Tues, Thurs & Fri 8.45-3.00
Due to internal promotion, Frome College are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to start ASAP.
We want to hear from you if you are a committed, highly motivated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who has experience working with young people to facilitate access to learning.
Working within the Access to Learning Department, the ideal candidate will form part of a team of Teaching Assistants who provide consistently high standards of support in the areas of literacy, numeracy, language, behavior, social skills, spelling, handwriting/presentation and promoting inclusion and excellent outcomes for all students.
To be considered for the role you will be able to demonstrate that you are;
• Able to provide excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate well with young people focusing on access to learning whilst building positive working relationships
• Able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• Able to provide clear instructions and guidance, using coaching and listening skills to support young people with access to learning
• Innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results;
• Able to promote an ethos of inclusion and equal opportunities for all, regardless of any special educational needs
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13 – 19 Upper School with approximately 1200 students. It is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome town itself is a cultured town with many restaurants, 2 theatres and the popular monthly Sunday Market.
To apply, please visit the vacancies page of the Frome College website
Completed Support Staff Application Forms should be returned by email or post to the Recruitment Department at Frome College
Closing date: Friday 20th September (8am)
Interview date: w/c 23rd September
We are committed to offering excellent opportunities for CPD.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure.
Frome Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.