Salary: Grade 10, £19,554 - £21,166 FTE (£14,691.16 per annum, rising to £15,902.28 per annum through annual increments
Hours: 32.5 per week (Mon to Fri, 08:15 to 15:15), term time only (to incl. INSET days)
Contract: Fixed term until August 2020
Winterbourne Academy are looking to appoint an adaptable, flexible and resourceful Teaching Assistant, to join our dedicated and friendly learning support team, supporting academic progress of those students with additional needs who are identified as disadvantaged.
This is a fixed term post until August 2020 subject to budget review.
- Working with a wide range of Teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning, which enables Students to achieve high standards and make appropriate progress
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the Teacher to create learning resources appropriate to the Student that you are supporting
- Be willing to research and learn about supportive technologies that can be used in the classroom
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners (e.g. SEN, EAL, GT, all underachieving groups) to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
Applicants will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, have a positive 'can-do' attitude and be prepared to work creatively with Students to positively progress their educational and personal development.
The successful candidate will form positive relationships with Students and their Parents/Carers, to support and gain their trust. They must have relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- • An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full
potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Onsite canteen
• Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing Date: Sunday, 6th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC