Teaching Assistant (Term-time, Permanent)
- Are you outgoing and confident with consistent energy and enthusiasm?
- Are you pro-active?
- Do you enjoy working in an environment that is constantly changing?
- Do you have a passion for learning and positive re-enforcement?
- Are you calm under pressure and resilient when faced with challenging behaviour?
If you answered yes to all of the above AND have a passion for working with children with social and communication needs then you are the Teaching Assistant we are looking for!
Our special outstanding school is constantly growing, providing a supportive, nurturing learning environment for more and more children. Due to this expansion we have an opportunity for you to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated friendly Teachers, Therapists and Teaching Assistants.
What the role involves:
You will not find yourself getting bored in this role! Each day brings new challenges, opportunities for development and to demonstrate your supportive skills as a Teaching Assistant. Your role may involve providing ad-hoc or dedicated 1-1 support to specific children and providing whole-class support in lessons. You’ll also help maintain the learning environments, assist with administration and provide ad-hoc management or support with challenging behaviour.
• A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
• Small class sizes and the opportunity to work 1-1 with children where possible.
• Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom. Our Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Art Therapists, Music Therapists, and Play Therapists aim to maximise each child’s potential in a nurturing and supportive environment.
• Continued professional development and training.
• The opportunity to obtain a City & Guilds accredited training course in Behaviour Support Management while working here. We also deliver the Elklan course which is an accredited speech and language training programme aimed at professionals working in schools.
• An opportunity to pursue a career in Teaching or Therapy where applicable.
• Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
• Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
• Knowledge and experience of behaviour management.
• The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
• Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
• The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
• The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
• Qualifications preferred include GCSE, CACHE Diploma Level 3 in Child Development or equivalent qualification.
The role is a Permanent, Term-Time only role
Monday to Friday (08:30 – 17:00)
(approx. 36 teaching weeks per annum)
No working required during school
Salary depending on skills and experience from FTE £19,311 (£15,800 actual salary for term-time, 36 weeks pa)
To Start: Sept 2020
Early applications are encouraged
Initial interviews will be conducted remotely followed by on-site interviews and trial days conducted under social distancing best practice.
If you wish to apply for the post, please download the application form from the school website and email the completed application form detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification along with the recruitment activity (on the last page of the advert) to the recruitment team by the closing date.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including and Enhanced DBS check, the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
This role does not meet the requirements for sponsored work permits.
Blossom House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate with barred list information.