Opportunities for 4 enthusiastic, committed individuals to work as Teaching Assistants in our thriving SEN department.
This role is varied and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals who are able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities, whilst keeping the needs of our students at the forefront of everything on a daily basis.
The purpose of the job is to work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher, to support access to learning for students and provide general support to the teacher in the learning and progress of students in the classroom. Work might occasionally take place outside the main teaching area and may involve intervention and mentoring type activities.
Tavistock College can offer you:
• a supportive professional development programme offering high quality training
• a co-operative inclusive academy ethos with high expectations for all students and staff
• a professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
You will be:
• a motivating and inspiring role model demonstrating high expectations for all of our students to achieve their potential
• passionate and committed to improve the lives of young people
Tavistock College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.