Thank you for taking an interest in joining us as a Teaching Assistant.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Holmleigh Park High School. Within just a few months of the school joining the Greenshaw Learning Trust and relaunching itself as Holmleigh Park High School, we have ensured that all lessons are 100% disruption-free. We are now looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and resilient practitioner to work alongside a team of 3 other technicians.
Holmleigh Park is an ambitious academy located in Tuffley, Gloucester. We believe that all children have limitless potential, and are proud to offer a comprehensive education to all students in our local community. We expect all staff, students and parents to embrace our three principles - Work Hard, Be Kind, Take Responsibility - so that our students leave school as ambitious, confident and successful young adults with the highest standards of integrity.
• To contribute to the evaluation of the school’s SEN Policy and Inclusion Policy and practice through discussions with relevant staff
• To attend appropriate in-service training provided by the school or local authority
• To attend school team meetings and meetings with external agencies as required and to prepare reports for these meetings, if required.
• To provide in-class support for identified individual SEND students or small groups of SEND students (e.g. 4-5 students), including specialist subject support as appropriate.
Holmleigh Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in line with the DfE guidelines “Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment and Selection in Education Settings”.
The school will adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All new staff will be subject to a criminal background check through the Disclosure & Barring Service. This will be an enhanced check for those whose duties include caring for, training or supervising children.
2. All posts at Holmleigh Park High School require an acceptance of the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
3. The selection procedure for all posts will include a consideration of the applicant’s suitability to work with children as well as the post.
4. All applicants must submit a signed application form. This is taken as verification that all statements are true and that the applicant is not in any way disqualified from working with children eg on List 99.
5. Posts at Holmleigh Park High School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974, and if necessary a declaration must be made on the application form.
6. The school will seek references on all short listed candidates prior to interview, and may approach previous employers for information to verify experience or qualifications prior to interviews.
7. Referees should be someone who has had a working or professional relationship with the candidate, and should not be a friend or relative.
8. Referees will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children including any in which the penalty is time expired, and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns and the outcome of that procedure.