Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• To provide in-class support to learners
• Able to manage challenging behaviours or to be able to implement effective strategies to manage challenging behaviour
• To complete relevant documentation/systems to track and monitor progress as required by the Academy.
• Support and maintain effective working relationships with learners and liaise with teachers and other relevant staff to ensure that support is appropriate
• Work with teachers to identify individual learning needs.
• Work with learners and teachers to set and agree individual targets as part of their individual support plan.
• Where necessary, carry out further assessments of learners.
• Contribute towards Personal Education and Education, Health and Care Plans
• Monitor and review learner’s progress regularly and amend targets as necessary.
• Modify teaching materials to meet individual learner needs.
• As required make referrals internally in response to learners emerging needs i.e. careers, welfare etc.
• Provide feedback to learners and teachers on progress at key stages in the learning process
• Attend meetings at the request of your line manager to ensure efficient communication with the College.
• Assist in the Academy recruitment and enrolment process and contribute to advice and guidance processes.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate