1 Temporary Teaching Assistant Behaviour/Guidance/Support Level 3 to work at Hillside Secure Children’s Home
Salary: Grade 5, SCP 9 - 17, £17,475 per annum
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
To start 6th January 2020 up to 30th June 2020 in the first instance covering a secondment.
The Governing Body wishes to appoint an excellent and highly committed Teaching Assistant to join the Hillside Secure Children’s Home skilled team of staff.
The successful candidate will
• have a proven track record of working successfully with young people with SEBD;
• be an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with the ability to contribute to a team of dedicated professionals within Hillside
• have a commitment and passion for enabling young people to realise their potential and achieve;
• have a resilient and motivational person who can get the best out of every young person;
• have excellent people skills with adults and young people;
• be able to deliver prepared lessons, interventions and other supporting practices with small groups;
The successful candidate will be:
• enthusiastic about working with young people with SEBD
• able to deliver and support intervention strategies
• a good communicator and team member, who is caring, flexible and approachable
• committed to developing pupils as independent learners and thinkers
• able to work collaboratively
• reliable and able to take responsibility
The school and Neath Port Talbot Council are totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our school is equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing. The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (child’s list).
Closing date: Thursday 12th December 2019
Shortlisting will take place asap
Interviews will take place asap
Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.