City of Rochester Independent School
- HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANTS (HLTAs): £19,864 to £24,790
- LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTS (LSAs): £17,189 to £19,863
- Potential for performance related bonus
- Potential for performance related pay
- Immediate start available
We are seeking a number of HLTAs and LSAs at primary and secondary level, to join us at City of Rochester School, Cliffe Woods, Rochester in Kent.
The City of Rochester School is a specialist independent school for children, young people and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Now is an exciting time to join this wonderful school in its development and growth. We believe that personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows students’ individual needs to be met and their capabilities fully realised. Our vision is powerful and ambitious.
We aim to:
- provide excellence in education outcomes for all children
- develop independence and self-advocacy
- help children develop socially, emotionally and personally
The central focus of the new City of Rochester curriculum is the natural world and STEM, combining outdoor learning with a rigorous academic programme.
As a HLTA, you will be highly motivated to support children with special needs to make progress and fulfil their potential. You will have:
- some experience of classroom support, preferably working with children who have special needs – ASD
- a wider interest in working with children, young people and their parents/carers both inside and outside the classroom
- the ability to contribute positively to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure progression – pupil outcomes is a key focus
The HLTAs will provide higher level assistance to teachers across these areas:
- Mathematics and Science
- English language and communication skills
- ICT and Network
- Speech and language/occupational therapy
- Safeguarding all children: to ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
You should have:
- a HLTA or learning support qualification, or willingness to undertake appropriate training
- good levels of literacy and numeracy
- interest in a particular area of learning or the curriculum
- experience or an interest in working within an SEN setting
- a high degree of initiative and sound judgement when working with children and young people
- a focus on learning outcomes for pupils and pupil progression
As an LSA, working with teachers, you will be highly motivated to support students with special needs inside and outside the classroom to make progress and fulfil their potential.
You should have:
- Level 2 NVQ: Learning Support or the willingness to work towards
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with learners and their parents/carers
- Ability to work with parents
- Ability, patience and judgement to manage behaviour
Please note: We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and these positions may be withdrawn at any point without notice.
The City of Rochester School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
The City of Rochester School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.