Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us.
We have recently moved into purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools.
We are a happy, positive and hard working day special school for learners with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. Our pupils come from all parts of the borough and from neighbouring boroughs. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. Our Family Support Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
100% of our staff said they feel positive and happy coming to work each day
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of working with children and young adults. Experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASD is an advantage;
• Have very good Communication and Numeracy skills; With a GCSE Grade A*- C 4/9 or equivalent.
• Have the ability to support and encourage children to learn to play and develop;
• Have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and disabilities;
We offer you:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
• A well-resourced school;
• The opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of the pupils in this unique Special School.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, you will need to complete the application via the Strathmore School website: Your cover letter needs to address the below points:
1. Why are you applying for the role of Teaching Assistant/ Play Leader?
2. What is your interest and experience in SEN?
3. What can you bring to the role?
Closing date for applications: 12 pm Monday 15th June 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 24th June 2020
Please email all completed application forms and covering letters to Carla Osborne.
We will not consider CV's for this role. Only completed Applications and supporting cover letters.
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.