Salary: £30,348 - £33,156 FTE
Contract: Full Time
Location: College Green Centre
Learning Support Team Leader
About the Role:
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive Learning Support Team Leader. This position is full time, and will be based at College Green Centre in the City, it will provide leadership to the staff and students within Additional Learning Support at College Green.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
The role will involve providing:
• Leading the Additional Learning Support team at College Green to provide effective and efficient high quality support to the student within ALS.
• Coordinating, monitoring and reporting all additional learning support activity within the centre.
• Distribution of resources to meet the needs of the students whilst ensuring the resources are used efficiently.
• Identifying and implementing provision for new and existing students, requesting resources where necessary.
• To act as the centre lead contact point for all services both internal and external.
• Ensure that the needs of high needs learners are being met and meet the requirements of the SEND code of Practice.
• To work with the Local Authority, representing one of the largest education providers within the city to ensure the college is meeting the local need.
We are looking for someone with experience of working at line management level within the SEND sector and will have the ability to work at a strategic level and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
You will also need to be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally, as well as other members of College staff and students.
Life at City of Bristol College:
City of Bristol College offers:
- a generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.48% / Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 15.5 %
- death in service benefit 3x salary (if a member of the pension scheme)
- cycle to work scheme
- a variety of online shopping discounts and offers
- free car parking at most college sites
- a supportive package of continuous professional development
- as well as a range of staff support packages
About the College:
City of Bristol College is one of the City’s largest employers, based at four different sites across the City. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student achievement through providing the best possible student experience, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success in this isn’t possible without the commitment, dedication and collaboration of every member of staff.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.
If you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here
Closing date: 29 August 2019
Interview date: 6 September 2019
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.