Salary: £18,354 - £20,055
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Ashley Down
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive technician. This position is full time, will be based at Ashley Down and will provide an exciting opportunity for an existing Learning Assistant to work with students supporting and running our new café venture. This role would particularly suit someone who has some knowledge of the catering industry and is passionate about increasing the catering skills and employment outcomes for learners with SEND. We are looking for someone who is confident in working in a catering environment, with changing priorities and service requirements.
What will your responsibilities be?
• To take overall responsibility for maintaining the SFBB standards – compliance and record keeping as laid out by the Food Standard Agency.
• To take overall responsibility for supporting students in opening and closing the café:
o Opening and Closing checks – Kitchen
o Opening and closing checks – stores
• To keep a float for the till, keep daily financial records and follow college banking procedures
• Placing food orders, checking delivery and safe storage – reconciling any deficiencies
• Opening the café and service in the café – working with students when they are timetabled in and supporting students in the adjoining Life Skills when the café isn’t running.
• Keeping the café area well presented
• Working with tutors in support of their class to run the café and develop life skills
• Ensuring the smooth running from day to day, and maintain a consistent standard of good service
• Facilitating Arts and Crafts exhibitions and sales
• Digital marketing to support the growth of the café
• Continually demonstrating excellent customer – interpersonal skills
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Thursday 17th December 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 5th January 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.