To facilitate the learning process by supporting staff and students in an effective learning environment
1. To provide direct support to teaching staff by maintaining and promoting lively working environment and practices.
2. To work with and ensure that staff and students have access to specialist workshops, equipment and resources as required.
3. To prepare and assist in activities ensuring all materials and equipment are prepared in readiness for practical sessions and retrieved after the activity has ceased.
4. Maintain and repair specialist equipment and be responsible for the security of equipment and tools.
5. To assist with the supervision of students working on project work.
6. Be flexible in supporting the sections requirements and cross college tasks.
7. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
8. Be responsible for ordering materials and resources using the college purchasing systems.
9. Ensure consumables and material stocks are maintained at acceptable levels and ordered in a timely manner to ensure the smooth running and delivery of the curriculum.
10. Ensure the facilities comply with HSE requirements at all times.
11. Undertake Risk Assessments in line with college and departmental policy.
12. Work across the Technology Centre when required, to support other Technicians work tasks.
13. Maintain an up to date inventory of all tools, equipment and specialist resources.
14. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.