£16,204 - £19,660 (includes 8 hours of contractual overtime per month)
Supervising students in their practical skills development and maintaining high standards in the care and training of our horses. The role entails working a 5 out of 7 day flexible rota, including weekends.
Working with teaching and learning staff the post holder will provide practical support, and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, and that the learners’ experience is both positive and rewarding.
The post holder will also be responsible for aspects of administration, organisation, ensuring that the horses at the Equine Centre are kept at the standards in line with BHS best practise, carry out the day-to-day operation and activities associated with the Equine Centre as required by the Equine Centre Manager.
On-site accommodation in a shared house with two other members of staff may be available. Approximate overall monthly cost excluding utility bills is c. £215 per month.
Closing Date: 07 October 2019
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.