Up to £18,656 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
With a growing animal collection and a £2m rebuild of our Animal Management Centre underway, the position will help ensure the husbandry, management and maintenance of the teaching collections of domestic rodents (hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils), companion mammals (rabbits, guinea-pigs, ferrets, chinchillas) and the exotic rodents (degus, harvest mice, dormice, jirds, sand rats etc.) are of the highest standard, and enhance delivery of practical training to groups of students.
Working with instructors, the post holder will provide practical support and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, to achieve exemplary standards in animal welfare, teaching and customer service. The college is a full BIAZA member with a significant animal collection with exciting plans for further development.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 2 in a relevant vocational subject and be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of either rodents or companion mammals; with at least some knowledge of both. A flexible approach to a varied workload and a real enthusiasm for the animals you will be working with are essential, and some teaching or supervisory experience would be advantageous.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus. The role entails weekend and Bank Holiday working on a rota basis.
Closing Date: 05 July 2021
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider