Aims of Job/Job Purpose:
The main responsibility of this role is to assist in the day to day running of the workshops as directed by the Curriculum Leader
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To keep workshop clean and tidy
2. To assist lecturers in all practical classes
3. Be responsible for tools fitting and consumables
4. Log all tools and equipment in and out of the tool stores
5. To repair and maintain machines and tooling
6. Keep inventory and stock of all tools, machines and fitting
7. To check that all the equipment is in a safe working order at all times
8. Liaise with Curriculum leaders in ordering of tools and fitting and consumables
9. Develop work areas and rigs and work areas
10. Maintain rigs and work areas
11. Plan and progress a series of jobs, keeping the line manager informed of activity
12. Attend and contribute to the section meetings
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
g) Demonstrable experience of and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
1. Undertake your duties so as to comply with the requirement of internal and external quality standards
2. Attend meetings at the request of your line manager to ensure efficient communication with the college
3. All employees of the South and City College Birmingham are required to engage in an annual appraisal and CPD (continuous professional development) interview and to maintain an ISAR (individual Self-Assessment report) file
4. Carry out any reasonable instructions which involve additional duties commensurate with the level and grading of this post
5. To engage in college enrolment processes
6. To understand and comply with college policies and procedures and working practices.
7. To contribute to the college meeting its strategic aims
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate