Required for January 2020
Fixed term for two terms in the first instance
Closing date Monday 2nd December 2019 - 12 noon
Interview date Week beginning 9th December 2019
We are looking to recruit a part time teacher of History and/or English to join our successful teams of subject specialists in January 2020. This post is temporary for two terms in the first instance.
You will be passionate about your subject and have the ability to teach interesting, purposeful and productive lessons to students predominantly at KS3.
Both History and English at Holyrood Academy are popular and highly regarded subjects. Outcomes are excellent and the departments are experienced, knowledgeable, friendly and supportive.
Holyrood is a large 11-18 Academy with 1280 students, including a Sixth form of 200 students based in the market town of Chard in South Somerset. On the 1st September we were pleased to join the high performing Uffculme Academy Trust.
We will ensure the successful candidate has :
- Comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
- Continuous professional development and improvement
- The opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
- An open professional culture and learning community;
- Opportunities for and dedication to your professional development;
- Opportunities to work across the Trust;
- Opportunities to contribute to our wide-ranging and popular extra-curricular and inter-House programmes of activities;
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification for further information Please submit your application via the eteach website.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact us to arrange.
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.