Electrical Installation Lecturer
Newbury College is looking to recruit a full time Electrical Installation Lecturer as part of the Taking Teaching Further initiative. You will be responsible for the effective organisation and delivery of teaching Electrical Installation up Level 3 and teaching on Electrical/Electronic Engineering Courses. You will ensure that all learners enrolled on Apprenticeships and other relevant programmes successfully achieve their qualifications within the planned timescale. The team works with some fantastic local companies and has seen a growth in learner numbers and success rates exceed national average. This is a great opportunity for an industry professional to get into teaching and join an enthusiastic and committed management team as they strive to exceed expectations.
The successful candidate will come from a relevant industry background and will receive coaching and mentoring to achieve up to a Level 5 certificate in Education and Training. While in training, you will receive an enhanced support package, including a reduced timetable and work shadowing/mentoring.
You must have:
• Minimum of a level 3 industry related qualification
• Proven background of working within the Electrical industry for a minimum of 5 years, and are either still in the industry or have been within the past 18 months
• Desire to train up to be a qualified teacher. The level 5 teaching qualification will be fully funded by the Taking Teaching Further grant.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
It would be beneficial if you also have:
• Experience of working with young people.
• Ability to write assessments which incorporate literacy and numeracy standards
• Classroom management skills
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day to day duties.
* Free on-site parking
* 40 days holiday
* Teachers pension scheme
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Subsidised gym membership at our onsite gym - £10 per year
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please note that we are still recruiting during the Covid-19 pandemic. We aim to conduct Microsoft Teams interviews for our open vacancies where possible. All offers made during this period will be subject to a confirmed start date, which will be dependent on how long lockdown measures last.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.