Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Installation Trainer/Assessor to join our Construction team at our Cambridge Campus. You will join us on a full-time time basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £23,631 - £30,481 p.a., plus potential market allowance opportunity, plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from joining our staff, include:
- Generous holiday leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities.
About the role:
Based at our Cambridge Campus, you will be responsible for a caseload of apprentices, where you will coordinate and track the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout their apprenticeship programmes. You will liaise closely with the teaching delivery team to monitor progress. You will be responsible for setting and monitoring targets and providing developmental support throughout the apprenticeship. You will ensure that the apprentices complete all learning activities leading to their successful completion of their programmes. You will provide training and mentoring for apprentices in order for them to successfully complete End Point Assessment. You will be the point of contact for the apprentices and employers and you will provide them with regular progress updates.
Our Electrical Installation Trainer/Assessor will have various responsibilities, including:
- Organise and provide training and support for students
- Conduct assessments
- Conduct reviews and complete records
- End Point Assessment preparation and training
- Administrative responsibilities
- Health and Safety requirements
- Maintain and update your knowledge and skills (CPD)
- Regularly communicate with employers to maintain good relationships.
- Business development
- Undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with the grade
What we are looking for in our ideal Brickwork & Property Maintenance Trainer/Assessor:
- Qualified to level 3 in Electrical Installation and have a wide range of relevant industry experience
- Assessing and IQA qualifications are desirable
- Previous experience of a teaching or assessing role
- Knowledge of current Apprenticeship Standards and End Point Assessment requirements
- Experience of dealing with employers in a professional capacity
- Good planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly, and in possession of current driving licence, and be willing to use own care, insured for business use, or alternative means to travel extensively
- A team player, and maintains a professional approach all the time.
If your experience and skills match the role criteria and you are excited by this new job opportunity, please click ‘apply’ today to be considered for our Electrical Installation Trainer/Assessor. Don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.