Post: Land Base Tutor
Hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm
Benefits: Company Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Discount Scheme
Location: Teynham, Kent
About our School
ISP School is an independent specialist provision serving children and young people (CYP) in Kent and Medway who live with their families, foster carers or in residential children’s homes.
Our school supports CYP with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health needs (SEMH) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
We provide high-quality education, adopting a holistic and tailored approach, complemented by a full range of support services, for each and every one of our pupils. If you would like to find out more about our School please visit our website.
We are looking to recruit a caring, enthusiastic and patient land-based tutor and mentor to join its friendly and supportive team from September 2022. We are a small school of 60 pupils ranging from KS2 to KS4. We are seeking a land-based tutor to develop and deliver bespoke schemes of work for our pupils. We currently deliver AQA Unit Awards and B-Tec.
Please note, SEN experience is not required but an empathy and willingness to learn is essential. Early years or work and/or working with children with special educational needs would be an advantage but not essential.
This is an exciting position, which could offer excellent career progression and development. The person we are looking for will be passionate about education and have a flair for working with young people.
• Have a strong basic education, ideally to A-level, with a minimum of GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics, and sound IT skills.
• Experience in planning and delivering accredited courses
• A passion for land-based learning
• A passion for children’s learning and development
• High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards
• High aspirations for personal development and a commitment to develop further
• Some previous experience of working with pupils with SEMH within an Educational setting is preferred but not essential
What we offer
• A commitment to support your development in acquiring new skills through a wide range of professional opportunities
• An opportunity to make a huge contribution to the lives and lifelong learning of vulnerable children who deserve high quality teaching in a safe educational provision
• A friendly and inclusive team who are passionate about improving pupil outcomes
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check, cost of which will be met by ISP School Teynham.
ISP School Teynham is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
ISP School Teynham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment
ISP School Teynham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.