An exciting role has become available for a skilled and experienced Tutor and Programme Manager to join our Supported Learning department within the Guildford College Group.
This is a fixed-term, part-time maternity cover for 30 hours per week, based at our Merrist Wood campus. The pro rata salary offered is £19,622 - £29,626 per annum (£23,547 - £35,553 FTE).
We offer a great benefits package including a generous holiday allowance, discounted gym membership, free onsite parking, cycle to work scheme and an excellent contributory pension scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity for a first class applicant to join a community that is committed to success.
Main Purpose of the Role
To deliver education and training to students at the College
- To act as Programme Manager for specific courses within the Supported learning departments at The Woodlands Centre at Merrist Wood
- To act as Personal Tutor to identified students with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities
Deliver high quality lessons in accordance with the college's Teaching, Learning and Assessment Strategy, using the class profile to differentiate learning
- Develop appropriate, engaging resources which can be accessed by students and colleagues on the College VLE
- Design assignments which are clearly recorded on an assessment planner and distributed to students and issue assessments according to that planner
- Monitor and record individual progress with interventions which result in student success, including parental contact and report writing where appropriate
As Programme Manager the post holder will:
Publish and manage an assessment planning schedule for the course to provide a sensibly distributed workload for students and staff
- Implement actions plans for improvement where appropriate following SAR, CCMs, IV, EV and student survey feedback
- Ensure that the programme/course operates within all necessary legislative frameworks and that appropriate health and safety checks are undertaken
- Undertake termly programme/course reviews and an annual self-assessment of the course provision
- Experience as a teacher for students aged 16 to 18 to learners with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties
- Significant levels of relevant experience teaching learners using the RARPA system
- Experience of delivering personalised pathways and person-centred planning
- Develop the student's social & emotional skills in a supportive learning environment
- Provide a supportive and stimulating environment to enable the students to gain the essential skills needed to function as independently as possible
- Can demonstrate dynamic teaching strategies that engage students and demonstrates learning and progression
- A professional qualification at Level 4 or above
- A recognised teaching qualification at Level 5 or above or willingness to undertake such a teaching qualification
- Desirable: A professional qualification at Level 5 or above
- Desirable: Specialist SEN qualification/CPD courses
Merrist Wood is the only land-based college in Surrey and is a beautiful estate made up of woodlands, wetlands and grasslands. With excellent facilities and one of the largest Equine arenas in the South East, the college holds a national and international reputation amongst employers and industry officials. If you share our passion for learning and taking on new challenges, then we are looking out for people like you to join us.
The Guildford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.