Salary: £24,468 - £25,648 pa
Contract details: 30 hours per week, 42 weeks per year. Fixed-Term contract
Start date: This is a fixed term to cover maternity leave commencing on 14 October 2019 until 11 August 2020
We are looking for someone to manage the provision of outstanding tutorial support in College and lead the team of Personal Tutors in developing the tutorial curriculum.
1. Design and resource the annual ‘Upskill’ Tutorial Scheme of Work including themed weeks ensuring it is consistent with the college’s strategic objectives and government priorities
2. Identify and support best practice in the provision of pastoral support to students
3. Line manage, develop and motivate the Tutorial Team
4. Allocate students to Tutor Groups and timetable Tutor Groups to maximise effectiveness and efficiency
5. Plan and review the impact of the programme of Employability Related Awards (ERAs)
6. Perform the Duties of the Designated Lead for Children Looked After (CLA)
7. Lead the development of the group of Tutor Group Representatives linked to the College’s Student Voice strategy and organise student group panels for inspections, senior post holder interviews and other similar requirements
8. Perform the duties of a Safeguarding Officer within the College Safeguarding Team; deputising for the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Safeguarding Manager as appropriate
9. Support the wider work of the Student Services Team to enhance holistic support for students
It is essential that you are educated to degree level or equivalent together with holding Maths, English and IT at Level 2 or higher. You must hold or be prepared to work towards a Level 3 qualification in Management, or have significant leadership experience.
You must have knowledge of working with young people in educational or other settings and experience of managing teams of people. It is essential that you have an accurate record keeping and confident numerical skills. You must be able to show initiative in advising and support students and staff and have achieved Level 3 Safeguarding.
For further information, please refer to the job description
New College are a very successful and expanding Further Education College that puts the interests of our students at the heart of everything we do and it is our excellent staff that have enabled us to achieve and maintain this. We are truly an employer of choice, and this remains one of our top priorities.
We offer everyone who works at the College excellent conditions of employment, including generous holidays and competitive salaries with attractive pension scheme.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role. The successful candidate is required to meet the payment of this DBS Check which is currently £44.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 9 July 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
30 hours per week, 42 weeks per year30 hours per week, 42 weeks per year30 hours per week, 42 weeks per year30 hours per week, 42 weeks per year
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.