We have an exciting opportunity to join our team of Finance and Economic tutors at ONCAMPUS Coventry. Are you an inspirational, creative and talented tutor? Do you have specialist knowledge in Finance and Economics? Are you excited about the possibility of working with pathway students from all over the world? If this is you, and you could be our Sessional Finance and Economics Tutor, then we would love to hear from you.
The successful applicant will contribute to the teaching and learning of students within ONCAMPUS with the ultimate goal of securing success for all students to progress onto their chosen degree course at the partner university. The following outline of roles and responsibilities may be adjusted according to the needs of the centre. The post is dependent on student recruitment and the hours of teaching can range between 5 - 20 hours per week dependent on timetabling and tutor flexibility.
All ONCAMPUS tutors are required to have high expectations of all students; respect their social, cultural, linguistic, religious and ethnic backgrounds; and be committed to raising their educational achievement. Tutors are expected to:
•treat students consistently, with respect and consideration, and be concerned for their development as learners;
•demonstrate and promote the positive values, attitudes and behaviour that they expect from their students;
•communicate sensitively and effectively with parents, carers, agents and other interested parties; recognising their role in students' learning, and their rights, responsibilities and interests;
•contribute to, and share responsibility in the corporate life of ONCAMPUS;
•understand the contribution that support staff and other professionals make to teaching and learning;
•improve their own teaching, by evaluating it, learning from the effective practice of others and from evidence;
Knowledge and understanding
Tutors are required to have a secure knowledge and understanding of their specialist subject which should be at a standard equivalent to at least degree level. Tutors should:
•be aware of expectations, typical curricula and teaching arrangements;
•understand how student learning can be affected by their physical, intellectual, linguistic, social, cultural and emotional development and have a range of strategies to provide and offer support as necessary;
•know how to use ICT effectively, both to teach their subject and to support their wider professional role;
•know a range of strategies to promote good behaviour and establish a purposeful learning environment;
Teaching: Class Management
ONCAMPUS tutors have high expectations of students and are able to build successful relationships, centred on teaching and learning. They establish a purposeful learning environment where diversity is valued and where students feel secure and confident. A programme of classroom observation (peer is in place to help monitor and support them in their day-to-day teaching and to establish opportunities for professional development.
- Educated to degree (minimum Class 2.2) or equivalent qualification (Essential).
- Academic or English Language Teaching qualification at graduate or equivalent level (Desirable).
- Relevant teaching experience (Essential).
- An understanding of UK higher education and the needs and requirements of international students (Essential).
- Direct experience of further and higher education in an international context (Desirable)
- An understanding and appreciation of private sector education (Desirable).
- Demonstrate cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- A record of achievement in teaching (academic or English language).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills including native speaker fluency in English.
- Competence in the effective use of Information Communications Technologies (ICT), particularly Microsoft Excel.
- A record of attention to detail, thoroughness and fairness.
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Outward looking and student sympathetic.
- A willingness to learn, improve personal teaching effectiveness where appropriate and an ability to adapt.
- Practical with high integrity, honesty and ethical standards.
- Enthusiastic and committed with a positive attitude.
ONCAMPUS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be subject to DBS clearance
We strive to be an equal opportunities employer and actively welcome applicants from all sections of the community