Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for a variable hour Functional Skills Trainer to join our Employability team at our Cambridge/Huntingdon Campus as well as working in the wider community.
You will join us on a variable hours basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £20.30 per hour
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction.
CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from joining our staff, include:
- Generous holiday leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities.
About the role:
This opportunity is perfect for someone who is experienced in delivering functional skills maths and English to students aged 16+ and to adults.
This role requires you to be able to work within the community as well as within our college facilities.
Candidates must have access to your own transport and willing to difficult locations.
You will be working within a passionate employability department that supports the community to learn and obtain the skills they need for the world of work.
You will provide high quality of teaching and learning as well as developing additional wider range of employability skills.
What we are looking for in our role:
• Design and implement fun and interactive functional skills programme for learning aged between 16-24.
• Provide both academic and pastoral support to students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential.
• Undertake all aspects of student assessment including internal verification and liaison with external verifiers and awarding bodies as required.
• Comply with the college’s maths and English strategy, maintaining your ability to embed both subjects into your teaching practice.
• Work with colleagues responsible for student services to deliver an overall student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
• Work with the Team Leader and Quality to continually strive for excellence and improve standards.
• Engage proactively with internal and external stakeholders to maximise opportunities for employer engagement in the learning process.
• Support college marketing and recruitment activities to attract potential learners and improve conversion rates.
Closing Date: 5th November
Interviews: Week commencing 8th November 2021
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.