Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for a Security Trainer (IQA) within the SIA industry to join our Employability department working within the Cambridgeshire area. You will join us on a variable hour basis.
We are a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are excellent.
CRC is a college to be proud of. With around 700 staff, 3,500 full-time students and 4,500 apprentices, the campus atmosphere is busy and vibrant. You will find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction. We strive to achieve very high standards of teaching with regular staff development.
About the role:
This role requires you to be able to work within the community as well as within our College facilities. Candidates must have access to your own transport and be willing to travel to remote locations. You will be working within a passionate Employability department that supports the community to learn and obtain the skills they need for the world of work. You will provide high quality support, guidance and develop within our wide range of employability and traineeship provision.
- Oversee the quality, monitor and support the LIQA and SIA trainer to deliver effective training courses. Lead on training for trainers and LIQA regarding SIA delivery.
- Take overall responsibility for an agreed caseload of students and to ensure successful completion of the full programme.
- Act as main point of contact for the SIA Trainer, contribute to monitoring the quality of trainer performance, identify trainer development needs and facilitate trainer development to maintain and improve the quality of assessment.
- To liaise and share good practice with trainers, Internal Quality Advisors, Employability Programme Manager and the Director of Adult Learning.
- Create strategy and plan sampling for quality assurance in conjunction with the LIQA.
The experience required for this role involves meeting Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) requirements.
Internal Quality Assurers (IQAs) must hold one of the qualifications:
• Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (RQF)
• Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (RQF)
• Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practices (RQF)
• V1 Conduct Internal Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process
• D34 Internally Verify the Assessment Process Or the following unit from an IQA qualification:
• Unit 2/Unit 4 Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment.
Additional unit-specific requirements:
In addition to the above, the SIA requires IQAs to have additional competencies to quality assure the following unit:
• Unit 3: Application of physical intervention skills in the private security industry: The IQA does not need to hold a formal qualification in physical intervention but does need to have appropriate competence in physical intervention such as in the sector (PSI, Armed forces, Police).
If you do not hold one of these qualifications currently, you must achieve one of the qualifications above by 30 September 2022.
Skills and abilities required for the role:
• Interpersonal skills
• Listening skills
• Organisational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Communication skills
• A non-judgemental approach
• Ability to relate to young people and act as a role model
A good level of English and maths. Please refer to Job Description for full qualification requirements.
Available to interview immediately
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.