Salary: Unqualified Teacher (UQT), range (1-6)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Start date: September 2020
- Would you like to join a growing and developing team?
- Do you have a passion for changing the lives of students with Special Educational Needs?
- Are you ready to work in a fun and challenging environment?
If you can answer ‘YES’, please carry on reading
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hardworking Vocational Instructor. This is a unique position creating opportunities for students to develop their skills and knowledge in a variety of different areas.
WORKING AS PART OF A SMALL TEAM THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Experience of delivering vocational courses (such as, but not limited to, mechanics, carpentry, plastering, computing etc.)
- Relevant vocational teaching/lecturing qualifications (e.g. PTLLS or Level 3 Award in Education and Training)
- Experience of inspiring and motivating students that are disengaged from education
- Experience of working with children with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID) (this is an advantage but is not essential)
- The ability to design and deliver lessons that engage and enthuse the students to develop a love for learning
- Excellent Communication, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- The ability to use ICT effectively to support teaching and learning
- An enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs
- The ability to work as part of a team and build positive relationships
- High expectations of pupils’ achievements relating to learning, independence and behaviour
- The ability to build positive relationships with students
WE OFFER YOU:
- Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities
- Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers
- Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors
- An opportunity to shape the future of the school and the staff and students within it
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), references & medical clearance. We are committed to equal opportunities.
ABOUT CHURCHWARD SCHOOL:
Churchward is a forward thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us. Having recently opened as an 11-19 free school on the outskirts of Swindon, we are currently in temporary buildings whilst we design our new purpose built school that will accommodate 75 students, with a diagnosis of autism and/or social communication and interaction difficulties, in September 2020.
Our vision is that every student, regardless of their background or the challenges they face, can succeed and gain meaningful qualifications that support the next steps in their lives – whatever that may be. We work closely with external providers and outside agencies to create the best academic and therapeutic curriculum possible for each individual student.
We have very high aspirations for all of our students and are looking for someone who shares our beliefs and values.
CLOSING DATE: 20th July 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed w/c 20th July 2020
Churchward School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.