£9 per hour
We are looking for a Weekend Kitchen Porter to join our team, working Sundays 11am-7.30pm (including bank holidays)!
Bellerbys College is a well-established international company based in a modern building in central Brighton, close to the rail station. The college is thriving with atmosphere and a hub of activity. We are looking for an Administration Assistant to join our busy Catering team to assist with the administration of the department
* To work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of students and young people
* To be an ambassador for the catering services at UK Study Group
* To have a friendly and approachable manner in order to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all customers who use the catering facilities
* To help promote and maintain company standards as outlined in the department standards and company handbook.
* To comply with statutory Health and Safety, Food safety and Fire regulations
* Washing up manually and using the dishwasher as well as general kitchen duties around the kitchen.
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness (clean as you go) in and around the pot wash and kitchen area, complying with legislation and standards set by the chef. Use cleaning products in accordance with COSHH training and procedures
* Keeping the stores and kitchen areas clean, tidy and organised.
* Ensure all kitchen equipment and crockery is stored correctly and in the right location.
* Assist chefs with deliveries, storage and organisation of all goods including dry store, freezer and COSHH room.
* Adhering to the FIFO policy when using and storing food ensuring that any items are stored in their correct place, labelled and sealed according to company HACCP policy
* Assist with occasional basic food preparation including veg prep to the required standard as directed by the chef in charge completed in a timely and organised manner
* To undertake any general duties including assisting on the canteen servery or till, hospitality duties, Front-of-House deliveries, bin area, canteen cleaning or any other tasks as required.
* To undertake any function or hospitality duties as and when required
* Experience of portering and cleaning in an industrial environment
* Basic Health & Safety awareness
* COSHH awareness
* Competitive salary
* Free meals whilst on duty
* Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.