Do you enjoy working with people to support them achieve both life and learning ambitions? If so, you could be the very person we are looking for!
We are seeking a caring individual to join our welfare and retention team. You will be responsible for providing effective welfare and mental health support, advice, and guidance to all learners. The role will require the monitoring of students at risk of leaving within curriculum areas, ensuring that effective intervention strategies are in place to keep students on programme.
Applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with learners on an individual and group basis.
As an employee of Weston College you will have access to a huge range of benefits and support, including but not limited to:
- Wellbeing @ Weston hub, providing well-being support for all;
- A staff welfare officer;
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7, 365 days a year);
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders, and the opportunity to complete this training yourself;
- A mentor to support you in your new role;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Regular staff conferences, with guest speakers;
- Great progression opportunities;
- Generous pension schemes.
Please contact the HR department if you require any further information regarding this opportunity or our recruitment process.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that Weston College reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced CRB check.