Our Student Services are currently recruiting for a Welfare and Engagement Adviser to start asap. This is an hourly paid role on a casual contract.
Welfare and Engagement Adviser will play a leading role in ensuring that students have the appropriate personal support to develop excellent attitudes to learning, become self-confident and self-assured, and know that they have the potential to be a successful student which will have a strong, positive impact on their progress.
They will work closely with the Student Services and Curriculum teams to maximise student engagement and success.
The successful post holder will be expected to:
· Provide pastoral support, dealing with an allocated caseload of students needing extra support, so that students develop their personal, behavioural and social skills.
· Support the preparation of students for progression within and from the College.
· Contribute to the development of enrichment activities and workshops so that students develop their personal, behavioural and social skills.
· Encourage student participation in wider College life, including enrichment and social action.
· Support the work of the Student Union, promoting student voice.
To be successful in this role, you will need an experience of working with young people aged 14-19 involving coaching, assessment of needs and provision of advice , information and support. You will be familiar with motivational or counselling techniques. You will have a proven track of motivating others to reach their full potential.
Your professional background will be working with support agencies, both within the college setting or in the wider community.
Please refer to the job description for more details.
Richmond upon Thames College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.