Job Title: Key Stage 4 Welfare Officer for the Junior Apprentice programme’
Contract: Term Time Only, 37 hours per week, 41 weeks
Location: Cardiff & Vale College
Salary: £25,086 - £26,795 pro rata
Cardiff and Vale College are looking for a Apprentice Welfare Officer based within our City Centre Campus but with the expectation to cover other campuses as and when needed.
The successful candidate will focus on supporting our young people attending the College’s Award-winning Junior Apprentice Programme, which provides an alternative provision of vocational pathways for pre 16 learners at key stage 4.
Other responsibilities include:
• To have responsibility for the health, safety, welfare and behaviour of all Junior Apprentices.
• To be the first point of contact and to facilitate effective partnerships between parents, school and the Local Authorities
• To ensure the Learner Relationship Management procedures are used appropriately and consistently and to have a detailed knowledge of all policies, practices and systems of work covering this area.
• To have responsibility for allocating work to the Learning Coaches and ensuring that tasks are completed satisfactorily.
• To implement learner support plans to include setting and monitoring behaviour and conduct focussed targets
• To deliver welfare/behaviour focussed staff training sessions
The successful applicant must hold a youth work/social care qualification or equivalent and have GCSEs in Maths and English. Previous experience of managing a pastoral system and working with NEETs or at-risk pupils is essential. The ability to use own initiative make decisions in pressured situations is also an essential requirement of the role. The ability to drive and having access to a car is also highly desirable.
CAVC welcomes applications in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application in English. If we invite you to interview, let us know if you would like us to conduct the interview and assessment process in Welsh.
The closing date for completed applications is 01/10/2021 at 12pm
All vacancies are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and employment will not commence without a valid up to date DBS check. This is a contractual agreement that must be in place before your employment starts. The College’s procedure for the Suitability of Ex-offenders for Employment is available upon request.
Your employment with Cardiff and Vale College will also be dependent on suitable reference checks, before you are able to commence employment, Cardiff and Vale College must have received two references, one being from your present or most recent employer. We will contact your referees upon appointment.
Registration with the Educational Workforce Council for Wales (EWC Wales) is a mandatory requirement of the post
These are contractual agreements that must be in place before your employment can commence.
We are committed to the recruitment and retention of disabled people, and are a positive disability confident scheme employer.
Cardiff and Vale College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.