Year 8 Wellbeing teacher required for September 2019 or earlier if possible
Fitzalan is a successful school with high aspirations. The Governors wish to appoint a candidate who will:-
• Be proud to be part of the Fitzalan community
• Have high expectations of behaviour, achievement, attainment and presentation
• Plan and deliver exciting, challenging and effective learning experiences
• Give effective support to remove barriers to learning
• Encourage pupils to believe that they ‘can’
• Work together with pupils, staff and parents to succeed
• Be a good role model in all aspects of life
“The school is a highly inclusive and caring community. It provides outstanding support for pupils’ wellbeing, which contributes considerably to pupils’ high standards and strong spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.” Estyn Inspection February 2017.
The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach pupils with emotional and behavioural needs. A strong commitment to extra-curricular activities is vital, as is a desire to be part of our drive for excellence.
Closing date: noon Wednesday 1st May 2019.
Fitzalan High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.