New Directions are on the look out for an enthusiastic teacher to work in the Swansea area. You will be required to work in a mixed nursery and reception class so knowledge of the foundation phase curriculum is essential. You will need to be a fluent Welsh speaker with the ability to engage with the pupils, staff and parents through the medium of Welsh, good standard of written Welsh will also be needed.
This is a full time position for a minimum of 2 terms. The school are looking for someone who is happy to commit on a long term basis to ensure continuity for the children.
You will receive full support from New Directions and the school, competitive rates of pay and access to free training courses.
You will need to have a valid DBS certificate (or be prepared to apply for a new one) and be registered with the EWC.
An EYFS Teacher works in day nurseries and also nursery or reception classes in infant or primary schools.
The development areas typically covered by EYFS teachers include:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Understanding the world
- Physical development
- Expressive arts and design.
As an EYFS teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the Early Years Statutory Framework
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a safe and positive teaching environment
- Plan and prepare activities that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools and day-nurseries.
What New Directions Education Ltd offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
New Directions Education Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.